I get many questions regarding “what do you bring? when you go glamping” so I thought it would be appropriate to maybe fill you in 🙂 Over the last number of years the glamping market has really taken off however within this sector there are many different versions of what is on offer with each glamping site providing their own interpretation.
We kept The Fairy Glen small in size offering only 3 self catering cabins which can sleep a total of 11 persons, for several reasons.
- I am a ‘stay at home’ mum with 3 young children while managing the Fairy Glen on my own…any bigger it would become less manageable 😉
- Guest experience – families, couples and friends can feel safe knowing that there are not lots of lots of people walking, driving around.
- Peace and tranquillity – when you go on a family holiday / getaway you do not want to have to navigate through lots of people and cars and with that noise. You want to park up and chill. Children can explore and play safely and parents can relax in the knowledge that the site is not near any roads or immediate danger that perhaps can be found in some of the larger sites.
We also have 2 x large fully fitted apartments which are ideal for larger parties who would like a little home from home while exploring the Northcoast of Ireland and all the incredible places to visit.
When we created the Fairy Glen 6 years ago our first objective was that it needed to be comfortable and cosy with a touch of luxury. In the larger 2 cabins we have kingsize beds with high quality bedding. The bespoke single bunk beds in both of these cabins also provide high quality bedding and detachable ladder should you want to keep the younger children safe from climbing. The ladder can be stored under the base bunk bed. The sweetheart cabin bed is a double/single bunk bed set up and is ideal for a couple or a small family of 3. The kitchenette in each of the cabins serves the perfect requirements for a short term breakaway with toaster, kettle, microwave/oven and fridge. All crockery, cutlery and glassware provided.
We also have a communal kitchen on site which includes a cooker and oven should you not want to eat out or takeaway but cook a wee meal to eat inside or outside (weather permitted).
While we encourage visitors to visit all the amazing places to see in the Northcoast quite regularly we have guests that choose not to leave the Fairy Glen and that is totally fine. Who can blame them when we also offer;
- 40″ netflix ready tvs (in the larger cabins)
2. BBQ’s either outside your own patio or visit the inside BBQ with comfortable seating allowing you to cook when the weather is not on your side.
3. Table tennis in a communal play cabin
4. Zip line
5. Tree house
6. climbing frame
7. Fairy Forest with fairy magic lights and figurines.
8. Walk trail
9. Chickens – feed them breads and/or fruit and dont forget before you leave you can pick up a half dozen freshly laid eggs.
10. Marti & Gerry. Our 2 red setters that you will no doubt you will meet when you arrive. If you do not like dogs I simply say best not to come. These 2 crazy dogs are an integral part of The Fairy Glen and will become your best friend by the time you leave whether you want them to or not.
11. Hot tubs! One in each cabin. There is an extra charge if you choose to add this to your booking. Located in the private decking of each cabin they are very popular and a great addition to your glamping experience.
12. Infrared Sauna. We have installed a new wellness suite into the Fairy Glen Site – Benefits can be found here This can also be added as an extra to your booking.
Living in Northern Ireland we know for sure you cannot depend on the weather….so all I would recommend is wear comfortable clothing that you are not afraid to get dirty. Wellies, rain coat and bilkes as Garvagh forest has the most amazing bike trails.
Once you have booked your getaway start checking out on Discover NI or Causeway Coast and Glens for places to visit / opening times / booking facilities / restaurants to book (particularly peak season) or this very website where I have listed on ‘Things to Do‘ and ‘Where to Eat‘ pages.
Just being a little prepared for all your getaway needs means that you can make the most of your experience and we hope to see you in the near future. Until then take care and sparkle